- This event has passed.
Fulton-Mason County Eagle Day
February 2, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm CSTFree
Dickson Mounds Museum, 10956 N. Dickson Mounds Road, Lewistown
- The Wandering Flatlanders – Photography by Kevin Wright & Dwight Eddington
- Arts & crafts and science activities, including chemistry, wetlands, waterfowl, and bats
- Native and invasive species displays
- Asian carp tasting
- 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., & 3:00 p.m. Raptor Awareness with free flight demonstrations. Tickets will be available on a first come, first served basis, beginning at 9:00 a.m. at Dickson Mounds, the day of the event. Tickets cannot be reserved in advance. Seating is limited. Admission is free.
- Food available for purchase courtesy of Holy Smokes BBQ
- Be sure to visit Orchard Hill, Big Horse Vineyard, and Native Trails Winery after the event for additional Eagle Day specials and activities.
The Nature Conservancy’s Emiquon Preserve Wetland Observatory, Off of route 97/78, Lewistown, from 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Warming station, exhibits, and Eagle and wildlife viewing courtesy of The Nature Conservancy and Therkildsen Field Station at Emqiuon
- Illinois Natural History Survey’s Traveling Science Center
- Illinois River Biological Station’s electrofishing boat and equipment display
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service-Chautauqua National Wildlife Refuge 19031 E. CR 2110N, Havana, from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Open house at the refuge’s headquarters with free refreshments and give-a-ways
- Guided eagle-watching tours from the cross-dike at Eagle Bluffs, one mile north of the refuge headquarters
Havana Park District Nature Center, 416 N. Schrader St., Havana, from 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Wildlife viewing
- Eagle crafts and educational activities for kids
- Food available
Havana City Center, 326 W. Market St., Havana, from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Wildlife Prairie Park’s Birds of Prey live exhibit
- Educational activities and displays
*Visitors may meet Emi or Emmett the Eagle Mascot at various locations throughout the event.
*Kids under 16 years old may participate in an Eagle Coloring Contest. Sheets will be available at the following locations: Havana public library, Havana Nature Center, Dickson Mounds Museum, and Lewistown Public Library. Dates to enter January 2-25, 2019. Prizes will be awarded.